Health & Safety Policy
At Seer Logging we believe that the safety and health of our employees, contractors, visitors, and community is a core value of our work locations. We are committed to providing safe and healthy places of employment. We will establish and follow operating procedures that protect people from hazardous and unhealthy conditions. This includes complying with all applicable laws, regulations, and company policies.
The following safety values of our sites will be reflected in all our behaviors:
- Leadership must model safe behavior
- Nothing we do is worth getting hurt for
- Safety is a condition of employment
- Safety can be managed
- Provide and maintain a healthy working environment at all times
- Ensure adequate control of health and safety risks arising from work activities
- Ensure that all employees are competent in the work activities they are engaged in
- Consult with and update employees on all Health and Safety issues
- Every injury could and should have been prevented
- Provide, as a minimum, ‘generic’ risk assessments for all common tasks engaged in by employees
- Employees at every level, including management, are responsible and accountable for the company’s overall safety initiatives. Complete and active participation by everyone, every day, in every job is necessary for safety among all workers and visitors at each job site
- Every employee has the right to know about the hazards in the workplace, the right to participate in health and safety concerns in their workplace and every employee has the right and responsibility to refuse work that they believe to be unsafe and/or take the necessary steps to address the hazard, so we are safe from the start
We are committed at all levels from management to newest employee to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. Safety is a core value and a centre piece of all our endevours.